You can call us anytime regarding water removal and extraction. After normal business hours we have an answering service with a live person you can notify if you should experience a water emergency in your home or business. At any hour of the day, we will make every effort to get to your problem as quickly as we possibly can.
Please realize that we cannot give you an exact quote over the phone because we cannot test or determine all the areas that may have been affected or damaged by the water or exactly how long it will take to dry completely. After we arrive we can better assess the situation and give you feedback.
The Water Removal / Extraction Process:
Our technician will remove the water off of the carpet with our powerful truck mounted equipment as well as pull back the carpet from the tack strip to extract the padding underneath. Simply extracting the water from the carpet will not reach the wetness in the padding.
The technician will then set up drying equipment such as high velocity air mover fans and dehumidifiers and will provide you with any specific information unique to your situation. Our water removal technician will return the following day or two to inspect the drying progress and move equipment as needed. The carpet must be dry before it can be cleaned and deodorized.
Important Water Removal / Extraction DON’T List:
• DON’T assume the carpet will dry out on it’s own, call us immediately to prevent mildew growth and secondary damage.
• DON’T panic. We have 30 years of experience and our help is on the way!
• DON’T cover up the carpet with towels or plastic to walk on, this will only trap the moisture.
• DON’T turn off the fans or dehumidifiers as this will only increase the drying time.
• DON’T turn up your heat, this only increases humidity which also increases drying time.
Important Water Removal / Extraction DO List:
• DO begin moving any furniture, boxes, clothing, storage, etc. completely off of the carpeted room prior to the technician arriving. Any wood on the carpet is likely to leave a permanent stain.
• DO open windows (weather permitting) to circulate the air and help increase drying time.
• DO turn on your air conditioning if it’s a hot, humid day to help increase drying time.
• DO be assured we are experienced at working with insurance companies in these situations and will assist with any communications needed.
Call Us at (574) 848-5804 for a 24-Hour Emergency Water Extraction Estimate
Spectrum’s services include: quality carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning, carpet stain removal, 24 hour emergency water extraction and removal, pet urine removal, carpet deodorizing, ceramic tile & grout cleaning, 3M ScotchGard Protection, mattress cleaning and even new flooring.